Wednesday, August 4, 2010

a start to my journey

while sitting in my home i realized that my journey with the gospel had become stale. although i consider myself a christian, i felt that my spirit wasn't being fed and i wasn't hearing from others about the walk with christ that i so desperately need. with our daily struggles i think at some point we begin to allow the outside world to take over and don't focus on the main goal of why we are here; to glorify god.

as a woman we put on many "hats" and each one we find is a new definition to who we are. sometimes, i think we lose sight of who we once were and whom we are striving to become. so, i thought i would start this blog to find fellow christians and start the journey again thru the bible and the words of our lord.

each day i hope to post a few words and a scripture that we all can discuss and hopefully we can again find the reason why we are. just so you understand i don't think i will put the passages in order of the books of the bible, because i don't think we learn the word that way. each one of us searches out scripture to get us thru life's tribulations, so i think it's best that we post our words and what the scripture means to us that day.....please feel free to post your scripture as well that corresponds to help each one of us grow in the word..

my first verse is proverbs 3: 5-6. this is my favorite verse in the bible, because it what we should be doing everyday, all day, but it is also one of the hardest things to do.

"trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

5 comments:

  1. that exact verse God used 2 days ago to speak to me - it is amazing how it keeps coming up!! There are things we will never understand, but TRUST ME - He says! I love it.....love your new blog....I am excited to see how God will use it to spur some conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and can't wait to see how God will use what He is teaching you and showing you. You totally crack me up and amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so fortunate to have you as a friend and a sister in Christ! This blog is just what I needed to read today! I have been struggling with being in the word, and I know I need more daily doses of the bible! Thank you for this blog- I will keep up with it, and I too love Proverbs 3:5-6. Another favorite verse of mine is Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often find I need something to drive me to dig deeper. This is a great idea and could help lots of friends on their journey.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, this is my favorite verse as well. It has gotten me through some difficult and trying times. I love what you are doing with your blog. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete