Friday, August 13, 2010

faith

have we lost so much faith in the world that we have turned ourselves away from GOD? all i have to do is look at the news, or read an article and see somewhere along the way we have. i wonder if humanity has even realized that they have lost something so much bigger than themselves, something so much bigger that could get them thru the hardships of life that they are just going around and around in circles. the following are definitions that i looked up this am for the meaning of faith.


1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See synonyms at
belief, trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
4. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
5. A set of principles or beliefs


Before i was diagnosed i didn't have much faith in GOD. i put my faith and trust into mankind. i found a lot of times to be very disappointed. when relationships failed of any kind i was so sad, angry, hurt and confused, but man is man. i had failed just as much as the other person in those relationships.

when i was diagnosed i questioned GOD and his decision to give me this. i thought what had i done here on earth that was so bad that i would be given this. my sins had caught up with me. as i grew in my study with the gospel, i realized how wrong i was about GOD. he didn't want me to suffer, he wanted me to prevail and follow his understanding, his wisdom. many of us question him now because we don't understand the horrific events of history, or what is happening to our world. why there is so much evil. i have to remind myself that this is all a part of GOD's plan. i don't pretend to even get it, most of it disgusts and terrifies me.

i have failed so many times when it comes to faith. when i start to lean on my understanding, or try to control my life's events only bad things start to happen. i started to write these words so i could find my faith again. i thirsted for it. i need it everyday for me, my husband and my children. you will not find your faith in the world, you can only find it in the bible and GOD. the world will fail you time and time again, but the gospel will always provide the answer you are searching for - you just have to look. i will fail in my faith over and over again i know, but each time i have a relapse with my MS GOD gives me another chance to put my focus back on him and believe i am going to take that chance.

"and without faith it is impossible to please GOD, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those that earnestly seek him." hebrews 11:16

hebrews 11:1, james 1:5-6, colossians 2:6-7, ephesians 2:8, galatians 3:26, 2 timothy 3:14-15, 1 corinthians 16:13, galations 5:22-23, 2:20, mark 11:22-23 ephesians 3:17-19, hebrews 12:1-2

1 comment:

  1. For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

    —1 John 5:4

    ReplyDelete