Thursday, August 5, 2010

james

the book of james is my favorite book of the bible. almost every verse is underlined. i always go to this book for comfort, or just to find an answer i am looking for. i've written little notes all through out the pages. i've read some of the notes and i think what was i trying to understand, or what inspired me at that moment.


what fascinates me the most about the bible is the people that witnessed and prophesied the story of christ throughout generations. each one has a different story to tell, each one were so loved by god that he gave them his words to share with us. each chapter tells us easily in black and white how to live, but i wish it was as easy as just being black and white, no grey areas.


james speaks of our trials and temptations that we will face as humans. he tells us to accept our trials with joy, that god is testing our faith. i don't remember one time in my life at the beginning of a trial feeling joy. through wisdom and seeking god for answers i hope to understand why things happen in our life, or to others. i pray that i will have the faith to go on each day knowing that he is the reason why we are here. i pray that those that don't know god come to him, i pray that those that once knew him, but have forsaken him come back.


i know that i cannot live in this life without knowing, or loving god. i know that my life's blessings are because of him. i know that my husband and my children are because he gave them to me. i know that my MS was given to me to find him and his words.



"is any of you in trouble? he should pray. is anyone happy? let them sing songs of praise." james 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment