Wednesday, September 7, 2011

how we love in the end

What it really comes down to is how we love in the end. I read once that people like to think GOD is their personal assistant. They just wait to see what HE is going to them in their lives when they read HIS words; all the good things. I wish that was true. We like to think we are entitled to HIS blessings without ever really working for it. I get that, and I have done that on more than a few occasions.


We are being slammed with rhetoric about what our financials should look like now since the collapse in 2008. We must buy gold, land, stockpile food and hope that we can live through another wave of money dropping out from under us. Everyone is yelling for more money, because they are in so much debt. I don't  think I have heard one person say, including myself, say we're ok what can we do for you.  I guess we didn’t think about the natural disasters that would come along. I guess we stopped thinking about the increasing threat of a bigger war.

All the people that are shouting their beliefs about right and wrong well i have a question for you; what are you willing to give up for your beliefs? we can argue all we want about who should be president, but in the end is going to be about what you didn't do not the president. one issue in this state that drives me crazy is education. i have heard teachers and parents complain about it. you know what is sick the only thing we are complaining about is what we don't want to give up for it. teachers want more money and benefits. parents want to throw their children off on someone else to raise and educate. shame on us. the real question is what are we as individuals willing to do for it, and give up. personally i don't want a teacher that is only complaining about what they are not getting from the state. when they do that it shows what's really in their heart, and it is not the passion of teaching.

What in the world are we supposed to do? We can’t really plan for a rainy day. We could try and so many did, but then it was gone. The only thing that is constant is HIM. That’s it. We never know what each day will bring us. My anger at politicians and the government is starting to soften. I guess it had to run its course. My writings are my outlet.

We are fighting about what we don’t want to pay for, but I’m starting to think that isn’t really the truth. The truth is we just don’t want to have to take care of these things on our own. We really don't want to take care of our parents when they are elderly. We really don't want to have to provide everything for our child’s education. We don’t really want to pay for our healthcare, because we envy the “Cadillac plans” of those that have worked for it. We don’t want higher gas prices, but yet we want 2 or 3 cars. We just don’t want to have to give up our stuff and what this country thinks we need, or what we think we are entitled to.

I have been getting it wrong all these years about my relationship with HIM. I have been reading HIS words about what HE wants, but not realizing what I would have to give up for it. My own selfishness and greed got in the way. My view on the state of this country is just that; what I didn’t want, or don't want to give up. If I did  have to give up then I would actually have to take some responsibility for my parents and my children.

We are mad about wars, but yet we have forgotten the evil of those that hate us? Have we forgotten what 9/11 was really about; hate. We are told now that we can only have sympathy for Islam. I can have sympathy for those that have been taught to hate, but all that really means is their hearts must change. We can’t change another’s heart. We can only pray to GOD that it will change.

Our lives are not about the blessings we receive it is about what we are willing to do for others. As a mother I am willing to give up my sanity over their childhood years, because in the end I would do anything for them. It is not about me. GOD wants us to love HIM first, but what we are willing to do after is what is going to matter most to HIM. We will stumble and fall. We will face trials that we can’t even understand, or imagine.

My prayer this week is to remember that my life is not my own; it is HIS. My prayer is that if someone blesses me I remember this is not for my glory, or my husband’s. This is for my neighbors that I am to love as myself, and do. I pray that my mind and heart do not go to anger to those that don’t give. I pray that I lose every ounce of selfishness that I have in my heart. We can become a little too puffed up with pride in our good deeds. That is what has happened in this country. It’s not the money it is about the show.

When we do something for someone else don’t expect a thank you, and when we don’t get one don’t get angry about it. Do it because you want to do it without any reward to yourself. Do it because you are willing to give something to another not because someone told you to, or you have to. I sat in that pew for over 8 years listening and thinking about on how GOD wanted me live instead of actually doing it. It makes me sick to my stomach what I wasn’t willing to do for HIM. It doesn’t matter what church we sit in on Sunday mornings. We can worship from anywhere. What is going to matter is why we didn’t do what HE instructed us to do; including myself .

 We have to give up all of the sin of greed, envy, jealousy, pride and self-righteousness. I  pray everyday no matter what that we have the strength to fight it. We are not worthy of HIM, and HE will remind just how small we are. GOD wants us to be better people, because HE gave us HIS SON. What is truly in your heart?

“And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” Luke 9:23

No comments:

Post a Comment