Monday, December 27, 2010

a poem

this poem was written by ramona nichols. the book that it comes from is "the devil in pew number seven" written by her daughter, rebecca nichols alonso. the story of their lives is an incredible journey of faith and forgiveness.

"has the meditation of my heart been acceptable to my LORD, or have the words of my mouth caused some soul to go astray?
have i shed enough tears to wash my SAVIOR'S feet, or is my hair long enough to dry them with?
have i pointed HIM to the world with judas's finger, and lost my love for HIM because of gold?
have i forsaken all to follow HIM the last mile, or do i prefer the mob that scorned HIM?
could i have watched HIS blood trickle down the stones without a guilty conscience, or stood in silence from of man?
did i hold the nail they pierced HIM with, or did the thorns pain HIM with my sins?
do i, as peter, deny that i ever knew HIM by not confessing HIM to my friends?
do i love my brothers and sisters enough that i would lay down my own life for them, or do i love HIM enough to introduce my SAVIOR to a lost world?
oh LORD, may i be aware daily of thy sufferings for me, for i am not worthy of cavalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment