Friday, December 17, 2010

our family

i am in awe of my family...they are all truly amazing individuals. i was out running errands thinking about and missing my grandmother and uncle, just giving praise to the LORD that HE released them from their pain. that right there is a christmas gift in it self.

we have been blessed this year with milestones and achievements. my husband continues to strive and grow in his job. my boys are learning so much at school and in our home it makes my heart happy. those are the simple things that matter. we are a very blessed family. we have food on our table, shelter, and clothing; all the things GOD said HE would provide for us.

over the last week a certain peace has come over my heart. i needed that right now and GOD gave me that. as we move on to christmas, it's not so much what we hope to receive, but what we have already been given this year.

i have been watching a trend in america that is heart warming. although, we are worried about the state of our economy we seem to be returning to something simpler, something with more meaning. we are realizing as a nation that living is far more important than the stuff. individuals are starting to reach out to each for the first time in a long time, and that is what the GOOD LORD wants from us.

over the last week my children and i have taken to yelling out "THANK YOU GOD" all day whenever we feel like it. i love to hear their excited, little voices giving praise to our LORD. it's a good thing to know that the only thing they seek from us as parents is "us." they just want to be with us, everywhere.

on thursday night when i spoke out to the individuals that suffer from ms and to the individuals that help care for them and GOD overflowed. my parents were there, which was very special to me. the next day both gave me something that i needed to hear - affirmation about my life and the woman that i have become, and still becoming. it was an honor to hear this from them both. they are both strong individuals that rarely share their feelings about their children. to hear that they are proud of my journey is a great gift to me, because i am so very proud of my parents and the life they have led.

i often think about how hard it is for them to witness their daughter being ill, and that they can't take that away. i think about the fact that they both are who they are and you always know what to expect from them. it is a blessing that i don't have been anything but me with them, and they love me for it. they are proud of our family. they are proud of my husband and my children, and the great grace and dignity in which we live our lives.

all things work through HIM. all things come through HIM. no matter what our trials have been over the last year HIS purpose is greater. HE wants you to live in the freedom of knowing that HE created each one of you in HIS glory; with all your beauty and flaws.

"i will bless the LORD at all times; HIS praise shall continually be in my mouth. my soul make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt HIS name together. I sought the LORD, and HE heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. they looked to HIM and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed. this poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. the angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear HIM, and delivers them. oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in HIM." psalm 34:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment