Friday, September 24, 2010

affirmation; giving myself a break

i've been writing this blog for almost 2 months now and i've beaten myself up pretty good with it. i have a tendency to live in the past and my past transgressions. JESUS does not want us to do this. HE loves us and our uniqueness as individuals. my heart is being made whole again by sharing with you everyday. i prayed that GOD would show me my spiritual gifts and he did. i am quite grateful for that.

when you begin your journey into the word and accepting HIM into your hearts HE may show you some things about yourself that you don't want to remember. this is a part of the healing process and allowing HIM to take over, but then HE wants you to move forward. it is a great comfort knowing that whatever goes on in my life it is because GOD wanted it to. my aunt, whom i hold in great esteem, told me it was time to move forward. she told me that the devil is always waiting to help you dwell on the bad things about yourself. i have let him in far too many times now. enough is enough.

i can cook, i have beautiful hair, beautiful skin (thanks to my grandma) and i'm a good friend. i can read a book in two days, unless it's one of those books that you have to read every line of. i can recognize the great qualities in others and admire their gifts. i tell my children daily that they are loved by GOD and their parents unconditionally. i love to give hugs and make someone feel cared for. i handle my MS with great strength and grace.

it's easier for me to give a compliment, than to accept one. i think that this is true of most of us, but we should all accept those gifts of affirmation because GOD made those gifts. recognize what HE is doing in your hearts and share that with the world! our greatest achievements in life are because HE showed us grace and forgiveness. HE died so you could accept this about yourself and move forward, and live each day to the fullest.

the ability to love and be loved is all because of HIM. when you let him in you finally realize what it means to truly love and give to others without selfishness. that's all HE wants of us is to show grace, compassion and love to each other just as HE has done for us.

"we love because HE first loved us" 1 john: 4:19

"this is MY prayer: that your love may abound more and more in the knowledge and depth of insight." phillipians 1:9

"but GODLINESS in contentment is great gain" proverbs 23:17-18

"come to ME, all you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment