Friday, May 25, 2012

Rocking the Boat

"I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things." Isaiah 45:7       

God likes to rock the boat. He likes to throw things in your face about what is really in your heart, and call you out on it.  This is one of the reasons I love God so much. That's why people don't like him. That is why a lot of people that follow Christ have a very hard time with the law of God. They just can't accept the fact that what they are doing may be against him.

Yesterday I read an article that Bishops from the Catholic Church are suing the Obama Administration for the mandate in the health care bill. I burst out laughing actually when I read this. I have a lot of issues with the Catholic Church to begin with. I don't know how a Pope can justify to God that moving priests around from parish to parish that rape and sodomize children over and over again can be the right thing to do. I don't think that is going to work out so well for him. Destroying the spirits of children, and taking their innocence is not upholding the doctrine you claim to love.

The Catholic Church has taken millions in federal funding over the years to pursue the greater good. What is comical is now they are just astounded that a morally, corrupt government wants to tell them how to run the church. Don't take money from the devil and then think it is going to work out for you. Good luck churches that do take money from them because I have no idea how you are going to justify that to God. The truth always comes out. God has a habit of exposing what is false, and corrupt. He sent his son to expose just how corrupt the religious elite were. A question I have always wanted to ask catholics is do you study the canon of the church more, or do you actually read the bible?

"The sins of some people are conspicuous, going before them to judgment, but the sins of others appear later." 1 Timothy 5:24 ESV

These are pretty obvious sins that are offensive to God. Do I believe all churches are perfect; no. Churches are run by people. I believe a lot of Protestant denominations are just as corrupt; this includes a lot of Baptist churches, and I attend a baptist Church. We are to be followers of Christ not a denomination. That is why God commands us to read the scripture; all of the scripture, to pray continually for discernment and wisdom, and test the spirits. He commands us to know the literal truth of Him, because it is our armor and strength against the world. That is why there should be great peace when people attack you with God; they hated him first. We are less likely to judge them, because they don't know. You heart softens towards people.

There is severe discipline for him who forsakes the way;  whoever hates reproof will die. Proverbs 15:10 ESV

Someone asked me why we left our old church. We left because we chose to uphold scripture and not men and women that had changed the scripture to fill the church pews. That is a worldly church and that is false. At some point when we choose the people over the truth of scripture we have forsaken him. I am curious as to how we will justify this as followers. I am curious as to how Christians can justify false doctrine. I am curious about individuals that say we don't know what God meant by that, but it is right there in front of you when you read it. If you believe that the bible to be the literal truth of God, professed it, but yet sit in a congregation that goes against it why are you there?  We are choosing comfort over truth. I get it. We are choosing laziness over Christ, and it is really easy to live our lives that way.

"For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?" 1 Corinthians 5:12        

The last few months have been extremely rough for this family, and for loved ones in our life. All of us have been sick on and off since March. Each of our sons have had a much needed surgery so they could breath. Sleep apnea was starting to damage their little bodies. We lost a loved one that was a huge shock to all of us, and still is. We have a friend that is part of our family that is battling cancer. I have felt like I am getting the flu everyday for almost a month now. I haven't been able to see a sweet friend's new baby, because I have been sick. I can't help our friend with cancer, because he could die if he gets sick from me because his immune system is destroyed. Our youngest is going through extreme separation anxiety with me since the death of his grandfather. It is getting worse. I am exhausted I admit it; emotionally and physically.

There is no way that we can make it through all this without the hard core truth of God. There is no way that I would have been able to handle these stresses a year and half ago if I had not fled the comfort of false doctrine. When you pray for God to break you and show the truth of his word you are going to get it. Never deceive yourself into thinking that he will not break you to gain you. It is because I gave him my life the last time I was sick, and chose to fight for him. I gave him the control he wanted. I said you can have me, I am yours, I am your slave, what else do you want to me give up.

I am so blessed and grateful that I have not had a MS attack. We are so blessed to have such beautiful people in our life. It is overwhelming to have love like that from others in your life. There should become a point in your journey that you choose his truth above all things. That you choose his control over your own. Having the discipline to continue to do that is a lot of work, because we can falter so easily on own understanding, our own wants, our own deception that we no longer know what is false.

Believe him first over others. Discern, pray, read, study and just do the right thing. For a year and half I have been praying for my temper to be gone. I have a terrible temper, and needed not to react but to discern why I was so angry. This is constant battle. I don't have a choice in that. I learned what was justifiable anger and what wasn't. I had to  learn that the manipulation of God is justifiable anger. That prayer is being answered daily. I had to learn that from scripture so many have turned from what they know to be true.

Pray for truth. Pray for humility. Pray for the strength to uphold him in all things. You want to know the truth of what is happening in this country and around the world read below.


"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people." 2 Timothy 3:1-5      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment