Sunday, May 13, 2012

Jesus Was Sinless Not People

I just read a very interesting article regarding a area of New Jersey where some catholics believe that Christ sinned. I am sure many protestants believe this. The deception is very deep in our culture. Do you believe in the trinity; the father, the son, and the holy ghost (holy spirit)? Do you believe they were one? Do you believe that God came in human form, humbled himself, and died to save you? Do you believe that?

When I started this journey I was reluctant to do it. I knew that I would be held accountable to God for my actions. I did not love myself enough to believe that God loved me enough to be saved. I still will be held accountable. I feared that, and I still do. I feared that and the judgment of Christians. Hypocritical Christians. The below verse is from Paul. This is the type of person that you want in your life. The person that never forgets what is in their heart, and what they are capable of. Paul is my favorite individual in the bible. My husband finds Paul to be too harsh and I find him quite refreshing. He was to the point; you will suffer just as Christ did for you when you accept him.

So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:7-9 ESV)

Boast in your weaknesses, be humbled and repent. Receive the grace that only God can give. I love that. These words are beautiful too me.

There is never a moment where I forget my sinful nature. I am constantly praying for the removal of selfish desires. Constantly praying God to be in control and not me. Women are notorious control freaks. I find women to be much harsher than men. We judge other women all the time. I find some Christian women to be far more judgemental than men. I am in a church now where I have never felt so welcomed by other women. They get it, and they live by it. God made you, and if he is leading you in a direction that you know is from him choose that not people. We are to pray and have the ability to test and discern the spirits. If it says it is wrong try not to do it. That is glorifying to him and you are obeying. This is the definition of becoming more like Christ. We can't change scripture. We can not flee what God says is wrong.

Christ did not sin, he was perfect, because he was God. He came to the earth in humility to save us. God had to do a very bold, violent act for us to wake up. That was our gift from his wrath, because he made the promise that he would not wipe of us from the earth again (Genesis 9:13-15). Just because he gave us this gift does not mean that we stop sinning. We should actually be more aware of our sins by seeking knowledge through prayer and scripture. Seeking individuals that are sound in doctrine. Thank God I know many people that hold me accountable when I need them. It is not so to hard to accept this about myself from people that I know are knowledgeable about scripture.

You find peace when individuals attack you in his name. I actually find it challenging now and rewarding, because then my thirst spikes for more of him. I want to know why they said what they said. I want to know what I am doing that would make them think that. I want to find out what I am missing from scripture. Whether they are right or wrong I have lost the defensiveness about it. I have become more curious as to the why. However, if we are having a discussion about scripture, and it goes against what is written the bible I will say something. Not to condemn you or judge you, but I love God enough and you to correct you. My husband thinks that's harsh. I love you enough because God loves me enough to do that. I would be disobeying by not upholding his word. I will call you out on it. I have removed people in my life that tried to play that game with me. I will uphold him first no matter what.

One of the greatest false teachers is Joel Osteen. He teaches the prosperity or social gospel. Flee from that because that is false. We are assuming that once we are saved our lives will be wonderful forever and that we will never suffer. That goes against everything in scripture. Paul was beaten numerous times for following Christ. In the end he was beheaded for it. That does not sound wonderful to me. His love for Christ was so deep that he was willing to do that. How deep is your love for Christ above men and women? There are rules to be followed.

Churches are not meant to meet every need of the members. Churches are meant to share the gospel of Christ. The congregation is meant to go out and share that gospel. Each of us was given a gift that was meant to be nourished by the Holy Spirit. Churches are not meant to teach political correctness, make you feel good about yourself  or meant to entertain or justify your "so called goodness." They are meant to teach all of scripture that so you become more like Christ. If people knew this in this country they would know that people are trying to manipulate them with God's words.


No comments:

Post a Comment