Wednesday, April 27, 2011

in our afflictions

when you stand for CHRIST and HIS way you may not win the popularity contest. i have written over 160 posts on this blog. some were happy, some were romantic, some were offensive, some were political, some did not go over well with my family, some were a little too harsh, and they were all my opinion alone of GOD and my journey. i do not regret one posting. i have changed in my journey; HE has made me stronger in HIM. HE has opened my eyes to my sin and my strongest gifts.

i like it when individuals respond to the postings, because there is more for me to learn about GOD; about scripture. we each have different interpretations of scripture. it's like how men and women here something different when they are trying to get a point across. we can all learn something from someone if we are humble enough to receive it.

i have to say the deaths of my grandmother and uncle have taken a bigger toll than i thought. i miss both of them terribly. i have really pulled away a great deal
from the world. i am becoming more of an observer in my journey. sadness is a hard thing to get over. my husband and my father even noticed my new hermit tendencies. my dad asked if i had lost my drive. i don't think i have, i'm just in a new phase. my heart is broken right now.

slowing down though has had it's benefits. i recently had one of the best check-ups i've had in years with the old ms doc. i was physically stronger this time, which was a blessing. reserving my energy for just the family has helped me, and it's given me more peace. i find that i have stopped forcing myself to do more than i can, or want.

i admit i was overtaken with great joy at bin laden's death and then i caught myself remembering a verse in proverbs that says "do not rejoice over your enemies death." it has also made me mourn again for what we lost, because of such evil. for a lot of us we are reliving the great fear and sadness of 9/11 over again.

i can't even imagine the wrath of GOD for this man's life. i can only pray that he found a way to accept GOD in his final moments; that he felt some repentance for what he had done. i don't think he did though. i praise those that captured him and my prayers for them have only gotten stronger in recent days.

i pray that our nation can begin to heal and have some closure. i don't believe that all pain goes away, but it does make us stronger. i believe that our faith will sustain us. i believe that GOD in all HIS glory, grace and love will pull us through if we just believe.

"love must be sincere. hate what is evil; cling to what is good. be devoted to one another in brotherly love. honor one another above yourselves. never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the LORD. be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." romans 12;9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment