Friday, April 15, 2011

the different sides of a person

our perceptions of individuals can be somewhat misleading sometimes. who we think they are and whom they really are inside is our blindness to human nature. i enjoy watching individuals and their personalities unfold. their hearts and their minds become a search for me sometimes. i like to know what makes a person tick. what some individuals try to reflect on the outside isn't always what's on the inside.

i have friend that once told me she didn't know that i was so sensitive. she hadn't realized that i wore my heart on my sleave. she made a very accurate obeservation. my husband of course was very aware of my heart when he married me and that is one of the reasons he did. in the last 4 months i have begun to explore the possibilities of my heart and my mind; find my passions. i have begun to become the woman that i dreamed of.

one of my greatest passions is to read. i love books. i love to get lost in the story and imagine what it would be like to live those characters lives. my ultimate goal is to write a book, and to be quite honest i have tried on many occasions to do this. i don't know yet if i have the ability, or even the courage to do it.

GOD will lead me where i need to go. with that said i almost feel that i would have to reveal a side of me that i have chosen to bury; or that i have chosen to lose. with most books i have to assume that the author is revealing something about themselves in each word. i often wonder what it was like for adam and eve when they ate the apple and were flooded with the emotions of man.

each person has parts to them that are their own. those hidden thoughts that make them unique. what we choose to do with the emotions and the passions can sometimes be our fall. if we pretend that we don't have sin inside us then according to GOD we are living a lie, but if we choose to face it then what a great hope there is in finding grace; peace.

it seems the world has gone crazy around us. it would be a great relief to have simplier times and know what individuals believe; what they hold to be true. there are so many possibilities when we tap into our hearts with GOD, and then everything else just flows behind it - the way life should be.

"24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize" 1 corinthians 9:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment