Friday, February 10, 2012

Just Forget God For a Moment

Pro-choice is associated with a woman’s right to have children. I was thinking though that maybe we should use it as a label for our beliefs, or I should say free will. We have a choice for freedom in this country and we are giving it away to the government. Somewhere a long the line the choice has been made that we can’t think for ourselves and we don’t know how to live our lives correctly. Right? My question is which group knows the right way to live and the wrong way?

When I was a teenager, and on into my 20’s up until the time I got married I did whatever the hell I wanted to do without any regard to consequences. I remember thinking it is my life and I can live the way I want. My choice right? I can remember the horrible things I said to people, or how I treated them. I wish I could take it back. The observation I have made is that we are now telling people that we can’t even be idiots anymore. We have parents in our congress and the white house scolding us as if we were children. Are you a child, or an adult?

I still make terrible choices but the difference is now I realize the consequence of that action and whom it that could hurt; my family. I still remember lectures I got from my dad to this day. He fought me tooth and nail, and then he would let me fall. I wish I had listened. I was too immature to listen. I regret so many choices I made, but I wouldn’t understand a lot of stuff now if I hadn’t of made bad choices. However, we are making laws that sound good, but the consequences will hurt so many people; so many. We have all done that, but at least it wasn’t made into a law that we would regret later.

Some Americans are not responsible, but my question is how is that the responsible individual’s fault? Think about blacks in this country. You are told that because you are black you can’t make it, so we’ll take care of you. If someone tells you that you can take care of yourself then they are racist. Well, my black friends can you or can’t you? I need to know the rules. I just thought you were men and women that wanted to live. Of course there is going to be hatred and ignorance. I am hated by many because I love God more than them, but who cares? I don’t give a damn.

Here are some things to think about. We just may see what we aren’t willing to do. Government assistance is now at 48% and rising in our country. We do not have anymore money to sustain this. A retired gentleman called into the Michael Berry show regarding public housing. He picked up an extra job over the holidays to make some extra money for Christmas. He was delivering X-Boxes, Plasma TV’s and he noticed that some had better vehicles than he did. If you can’t feed your family how can you buy those things? We are paying for that. You can buy a plasma TV over feeding your kid? I would like to have my money back. The great part is I get to pay more in taxes this year on April 15th.

This is not just in low-income areas of the country this is in every income level in the United States. My parents had to bail me out a lot for poor choices. It isn’t that they didn’t tell me the truth about the consequence. They stopped doing it and forced me to be an adult and take responsibility for my life. It was not easy. I had a conversation with a friend about co-signing for our children. Neither one of us would do it, because if they ask for that then they are not ready to be responsible for themselves on their own financially.

I was on birth control when I was in high school and after. My parents put me on it. They knew I was not mature enough to be having sex, or to have a child. They told me you do not understand the responsibility financially, physically, or emotionally of caring for a child. They were right. If I had a child the responsibility would have fallen on my parents. I would have had to work, but I would have still been too irresponsible to take care of that child. There is no way they would not have taken care of an innocent life. It would have been my decision, but my parents would have had the responsibility for that child. My dad would have had 5 kids instead of 4. Knowing myself at that age they would have had that right. Financially that would have been extra burden on my parents, and huge emotional toll. They would have no choice but to do it. A child is a beautiful blessing from God, and once we have one we have the responsibility to care for that child - no one else.

We believe health care should be affordable, and everyone should have that right. I totally get this one. How many of us are now paying more for our insurance; private and through the state? How many of us are now paying more in co-pays. You are paying for the people that are buying X-boxes and Big Screen TVS. I should be compassionate to that right? If I get sick I may not be able to physically care for my own children. Are you going to pay for my treatments so I can? Wouldn’t most of you come in my house and say “Jessica you need to get rid of your cable, sell one of your cars, and get rid of all of the stuff you don’t need.” Maybe just maybe someone would help me. 20 bucks says most of you really wouldn’t. I should be calling you selfish and not compassionate right? How could you do that someone? Shame on you for not helping me.

What this really comes down to is money and how we spend it. How many of us actually are willing to support another’s family? Have you paid someone’s bills for them? Have you gone in and bought someone a month’s worth of groceries? Have you actually gone into the very people’s homes that the government is now supporting? I hate to say this, but even some of the rich have figured out a way to screw the taxpayers into getting help. I knew a woman that I worked with that’s husband made over 100,000 a year and she received government assistance. She made sure that her name was not on any of his accounts so she could get money for food. She was telling me this when I was pregnant with my first son, and how I could get financial support to buy his formula. She drove a BMW. She got it every month. I told her she was a thief, and she should go to jail for it. I told her I would report her.

I have a huge sin now I give too much. I hate seeing people suffer. Really I hate seeing children suffer because of their parents’ bad choices. My husband has laid down the law on this. I got burned and I know I did. I love people, but I don’t love the abuse of my compassion. My husband has taken control of that, because I would do it again. I am going to Romania this summer, because I know those people will be extremely grateful for it and not it take it for grated. They aren’t going to abuse my heart. Thank God I have husband that protects me.

It has not always been financially easy for us. If I asked for financial help from my parents they would give to me, because they we truly need. We would be ashamed of ourselves if we did that, and they know that. They also know that life has unexpected bumps and you need a little help. They were given that gift in lifetime, so they have paid it forward. This is responsibility of the individual and not the government. Please stop.

I’m not even going to talk about God with you. If you accept Him or not that is up to you. I’m sad for you because you are missing great joy and peace in your hearts. If we continue down the path we are going our very freedom to live is gone. This means my sweet democrat friends also. This means those that are supporting Romney for the republican nominee. It will be gone. Be pro-choice and choose freedom. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment