Saturday, October 2, 2010

my 5th greatest blessing

next to james, proverbs is my 2nd favorite book. last summer a pastor in our church talked about proverbs having all of life's answers of what it means to live a christian life. i agree with him, because not only does this book cover everything, it puts GOD'S words in small verses that can be easily understood.

"the proverbs of soloman son of david, king of israel: for attaining wisdom and discipline; understanding words of insight; for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young - let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance - for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise. the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." proverbs 1:1-7

my favorite verse in the entire bible comes from proverbs; "trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." proverbs 3:5-6

this verse to me is by far one of the hardest things to do about being a christian. it challenges us to put all our faith in him, and tests our understanding of what it means to be a CHRISTIAN. the reality of the verse is that through good times and bad, our only solution is to trust that GOD is doing what is meant for our lives. the devil will slowly take over if you are not putting your complete trust in CHRIST. "the faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good man rewarded for his" proverbs 14:14

with my ms i have had to realize over and over again that i have no control over the progression of this disease. GOD really is the ONLY ONE that does. i can take every med that is provided for the treatment, and every suggestion of my doctor, but in the end it all comes from HIM. this is a hard pill to swallow. in giving me this disease i realize that HE gave me something that will continually test my faith in HIM. what a blessing! this is my gift that brought me to HIM; my fifth greatest blessing in my life next to HIM and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment