Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Passion Of Christ

I don't know if you have ever watched the Passion of Christ by Mel Gibson. When the film came out there were so many that said it was too brutal and violent. Actually, I believe it was far worse. Just imagine for a moment the full wrath of our Father and His Son taking on every sin, of every human being to save us.


This is what he did for us. Imagine this image every time we fear speaking the truth of Christ. Imagine this image every time we are uncomfortable with confronting the politically correct, tolerate Christian. Imagine this image every time we are offended in our pride for being called out. With great love he did this for us. Why are we ashamed of this? There is no shame in the truth. We are to glorify him for doing this. We lack empathy even for him. We are to become more like him, and this is a side of God that we must face. We are to die, and become new just as he did.

Yesterday was the first time that I went in to see my MS doc without trying to hide my MS. Yesterday I went in, and asked for treatment. Yesterday was the first time that I did not feel shame or guilt for my illness. She told me the truth and I accepted it without fighting. She said it is nice that you are finally not concerned with those that may think you are selfish. He began a work in my heart last December and it is awesome.

Look at that image when you complain about the little things in your life. Look at that image when you are mad that you didn't get your way. Look at that image when you attack another person for not being like you, and then you profess to love him. Look at that image when you whine about how hard your life is. Remember what he did for you.

One of our greatest sins is we believe we don't have to change for him; he did the above why wouldn't you? One of our greatest sins is believing that we are not in a constant war with Satan's games. One of our greatest sins is ignoring his truth because of fear, or being uncomfortable. One of our greatest sins is we skip over the above and just move on to stuff that makes us feel good about ourselves.

I remembered yesterday in my physical pain that it all goes away the moment I go home to HIM. My sufferings are nothing compared to what he did. I am so grateful that he loves me so much that in my weaknesses he holds my hand, gives me strength, and says I have you no matter what! He doesn't let go of his children. It is a great honor to be chosen by him; boast in it!!! Don't be afraid to say that it is because of God that you make it through each day, and there is no other reason.

I believe that people that ignore his suffering and skip over to the mushy part are weak. A very wise friend of mine said; Read scripture and ask what that says about God, not how it applies to you.

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted," 2 Timothy 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment