Friday, September 13, 2013

He Is Not Coward

I have not written in a very long time, or I should say I have not posted in a very long time. Yesterday, I read an article regarding some comments the Pope had given to atheists; "you don't have to believe in God to go to heaven." I am hoping that is not what he meant, because those comments would be a lie. We do not enter the gates of heaven without accepting the son. It does not matter how good your deeds are; if you deny God's existence you are choosing yourself over him.

Those words should deeply offend those that know that Jesus is the only way to the father. We are a nation that boldly fought against tyranny. We boldly fought against those that did not put God above all things. We will lose that if we do not confront it. We have become a nation of cowards when it comes to God, because so many view him as just a nice guy.

Jesus was not always kind. He boldly confronted those that were against his father. He boldly confronted those that valued the appearance more than his father. He boldly confronted those that would condemn another without searching their black hearts. He would look them in the eye when he did it. He offended our pride, arrogance and self-righteousness. We have too many that profess to love Christ that believe they do not have to change their hearts completely for him. We have too many that believe that they are not capable of sin; that is their sin.

In November of last year I prayed to God to become a Mary in a Martha world. Within 2 weeks my MS was appearing again, by February it was full blown, by April he added a mass on my liver, and increasing physical pain that was unbearable. He was removing my fear, my guilt, my pride and my arrogance; he was taken it by full force. He was reminding me daily that I did have the control any longer to decide who shared or saw my burden. He made sure that I could no longer hide it from husband. My sons finally knew their mom was sick. My parents had to accept their daughter would not heal physically the way she had before. This was my blessing and gift. For the first time since my diagnosis I have allowed him to give me rest.

He did not do it with kindness. He did it with great authority, love and discipline. I no longer could run or hide from it. In return he told me to receive, to be loved and cherished, to lose my guilt, and to love myself. On Wednesday of this week he didn't remove my MS, the mass, or the pain but he didn't give me cancer. My gratitude and worth is in him alone.

I feel sorrow and sadness for those that do not have the courage to confront their hearts and repent; believe me I understand. I feel pity for those that believe they do no wrong; only fools do that. I feel anger at those that profess the love of Christ, but are not willing to hold another up when they need it. I feel pain when I think of those that do not understand, or are unwilling to accept how strong he is. He wins in the end - always.

I have no idea how many times I have read the passion of Christ now. God was not gentle and kind in the killing of his son. He was brutal when He poured his wrath onto him, and his son took every sin of man; that is not a coward. He still does it when we confess with our mouths and humbly admit that we can not do it without him. That is his love for us. As our pastor said on Sunday; God does not wink at sin.

http://www.openbible.info/topics/boldness

No comments:

Post a Comment