Sunday, August 19, 2012

Boast In Your Weaknesses

 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9


Years ago I heard a parable, or story whatever you would like to call it about our relationship with God. A man would get up every morning, go to his office, and sit with God for hours. Months went by, the time kept getting shorter and then the time with God finally stopped. One morning he came into his office and God was sitting there. The man said I didn't know you were here, and God replied "I have always been here, you just left."

We fit God into our schedules. We can only maybe spend 10 to 15 minutes a day with him; correct? I don't believe that is enough time to understand why we are still sinners. I don't believe that is enough time recognize that we have to repent to be forgiven. Just because profess our love does not me we don't have to change for him. I think people are uncomfortable to face their lives. We may begin see our lives just an appearance to look good. If we let our guard down we may see the weaknesses that he sees that are offensive to him. It would be too much reality to face what is in our hearts and how we have failed.

Christians use the verse "do not judge" a lot. People that feel like they are being judged by another need to question why they feel that way. I would define that more as low self-esteem in yourself than judgment. Our worth is not based on our families, friends, church, community and society. We fear the backlash of others more than we do God. Why do we ignore what is right in front of our faces that we must confront? Why?

"But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." James 2:18

I have lost my tolerance with career Christians. I have been walking away more until I figure if I am doing the same. I just do not have it in me to play the game anymore with people. God is a God of love, but he is also a God of wrath. He is waiting for us to repent. He is waiting for us to see. I am starting to wonder if our appearance or deeds are more important than him. I am starting to wonder if our fear of  not upholding him is more important. We are a very weak nation in our faith. We have removed him and replaced it with some weird gospel that deceives us. We are a nation that boasts in false doctrine to tolerate sin.

Ask individuals that you know are strong in the living word of God what they see in you that are sins. Face your guilt and regrets head on. Face your judgmental spirits. Face the fact that you may be doing things just for the appearance, and not because of God. Face the fact that you believe someone has to be a certain way to love Christ. Be prepared though in your heart to accept those things about yourself. Just listen and humble your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment