Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Power of God

“You did not choose me, but I chose you” John 15:16


The above is the just beginning of verse 16 in John chapter 15, but it is a powerful statement of about our relationship with Christ. The context of the entire verse is regarding the disciples. He was beginning to give them clues that he would physically not be there anymore. He was instructing them about bearing fruit, planting a seed and going out to share the gospel; the true vine - LIFE. 40 days after the resurrection the Holy Spirit enters and each one us has someone to help us for the rest of lives if we say yes to HIM.

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.” John 15:18

I draw strength from this verse because it is what happens sometimes when we choose god over everything else or someone in our lives. That is power. I started this journey with a thirst for him as the Holy Spirit was entering my life, then emptiness, the legalism, and now a heart that knows that the only true power is prayer and being alone with him. Everyday trials become easier to handle, the hurts don’t hurt as much and you are a little stronger each day.

The last month or so has had its fair share of trials. Lots and lots of praying going on. Seeking help from others when we need it and knowing that there is no shame in seeking comfort from one another. The pride begins to melt away and you rely on HIM to carry you through. We can learn a lot by watching someone that is going through trials and their faith. I like to observe them because then we can begin to see what is in their hearts and what they fear. Not in judgment just the overwhelming desire to tell them that God so very much loves them, and they are worth it.

I took a class on Sunday for my Romania trip regarding how to share the gospel with someone. God will be with me each step of the way, give me the words and guide me on what a person may need to hear at that moment. The fear of acceptance is just fear. The one we want to accept us is him. He already has if we choose him. Everything else begins to fall away little by little. A trial means that he wants us to rely on him fully. How we live is a reflection of our faith. I don’t think even think we have to talk to everybody we meet we just we need to show them how the Holy Spirit works in our hearts. People start to think “I want that.”

The fight that is going on this country politically is just a game. Good vs. evil. Right vs. wrong. Freedom vs. oppression. The one thing they don’t have it appears is the power of God and prayer. I pray that whatever hand we are dealt we have the strength to endure. The trials that we have are just the beginning of birthing pains. Don’t have regrets. Call someone when you are thinking about them, tell someone that you love them because you do, and forgive no matter what the cause is. It is not worth the time to waste on trivial issues. Neutrality is not option. Don’t waste time because of fear, and laziness. Don't waste time because you are afraid of hurting someone.

I woke up again early tonight, got up and my husband said please go back to bed. I couldn’t explain to him the desperation, the insatiable hunger to write and find God. Yesterday was a rough day for family friends. I hate illness. I loathe it, but it makes us stronger; the ones that have it and those around us. I pray the doctors give him what he needs to fight this, and I pray that he has enough strength to fight it. He will need it. He does - we know he does.

For a long time I was beginning to think Americans didn’t care about what it is going on with this country. I was beginning to believe that they were not going to fight it, and say enough we can do this on our own. Waiting for them to solve this is not glorifying to him if you believe in Him. We may feel anger, frustration, sadness, and fear, but the question is what are we going to do about it; the individual. That is Christ.

Remember that verse when you feel fear of showing your faith in him. Remember it, because he will glorify you for it. He will reward your obedience to him. He will. There is nothing you can not do with him holding you up, giving you strength and taking the fear away. He chose you for a reason, he chose you to be born, he chose you because you are worth that to him, and do not doubt it. We all fall short of the glory of God. We all do and maybe remember that sometimes instead of judging so much. Christians that judge your life will be judged harsher by God. We reap what we sow. Show people the goodness in your heart and quit waiting for someone to tell you do it.

One of the questions on Sunday was if someone asked you why you accepted Christ what would your answer be? He saved me from myself. He saved my heart and my soul, and gave me eternal life with him. There is nothing that you can do that cannot be forgiven by him when we repent. His son took that for you. I know that some of you don’t believe it, but it is true. Cry with joy that you have HIM in your life that is rooting for you everyday, all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment