Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hypocrites

“Having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.” (2 Timothy 3:5 ESV)


The above verse in my opinion is why individuals do not attend church. False people. God hated that. He hated individuals that mocked him in their superior attitudes. God is a loving God, but he hated it when individuals used him to control others. Here is the thing we as individuals do not have the power to control another only god has that. We do not have the ability to give grace to ourselves only god has that.

God valued humility in his children. It is a characteristic that has to be developed over time, nurtured in discipline. We don’t have that in us because we have pride. We don’t have it in it us because by nature we are selfish individuals; each one of us. I read an article that one of the greatest failings of Christian parents is that they value their child’s self-esteem more than correcting sinful behaviors. Do your children know how to admit when they have failed and seek forgiveness? If they don’t it is because they learned that from you.

One of my biggest prayers is that I learn humility, show humility to others, and to my children. The reason why is because if our children do not see humility from their parents they will never understand why they are not right all the time. My husband and I do not have enough humility with each other. We are also not very compromising with each other. Our children see this and they act that out with us and each other. The hard part is learning to completely give up our own selfish desires, and become one for them. That is what makes your children strong when they have to deal with trials. It rids the blame game from their hearts. They have to take accountability for their actions. They must understand that what they do has a consequence. We have a choice to do that, but I wonder if some people are too self-righteous to do it.

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” Romans 3:23

One of my sweet friend’s and I always remind each other that we are selfish. We do it so that we never forget that we have that in our hearts. The longer I am in this journey the more I realize I really have a hard time with throw it your face Christians. I have prayed more and more for taming of the tongue. True followers will constantly be aware of what is in their hearts, and what they capable of doing to God and others. Actions speak far louder than words. I do not like it when others try control others. The reason is because I have that in me. I understand that about myself. However, beware of giving up too much control of your heart.

On Thursday a friend sent me scripture that I really needed (Romans 12:9-21). She held me accountable to Christ. I called her, and she said “are you mad at me?” Why would I be mad at her for telling me the truth? I would be hypocrite right there if I did that. I thank God that I can do that now, because I could not have done that before. I am thinking that a true follower is able to accept that from someone, question why they are saying that, and seek the answer without anger, or bitterness. One of the statements I loathe the most “but this is what you did.” That drives me crazy, because it is just another way not to accept something about yourself, and what you did to another.

I value humility in people, because it shows integrity. It shows that they are willing to change and move forward. We don’t have enough people in the world like that in my opinion. People just can not admit when they have failed. Take a hard look at your heart Christians, and quit doing this to people. It is false.

“For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:2











No comments:

Post a Comment