Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sheep and Goats

Every time I read Matthew 25 verse 33 I crack up even though it is talking about when Christ comes again; The Final Judgement. The right are the sheep and the left are the goats. The sheep go to heaven and the goats go to hell. It is as simple as that. 

The sheep do things because the Holy Spirit is in them so they don't pick and choose - they are trying to become more like Christ in every action and word. They don't care what you like they love you because God loves them and they want to share it. He has changed their hearts. They are very aware of their sinful nature and are repentant for it.  

The goats however profess to love Christ, but pick and choose whom they help. They expect something in return for what they have done. They argue with him that they never saw him so why should they have done it. They believe they have nothing to repent for and are so righteous. You have got to be kidding me. If you don't know what your issues are I feel sorry for you. Every one of us knows someone like this. 

I sin everyday. I cuss like a sailor. My youngest son is like a parrot so he repeats everything. I have constant bad thoughts about our government and people. I read trashy, romance novels - which I didn't used to read. I eat oreos and peanut m&ms like I am never going to see them again. I enjoy telling people how I really feel physically that I know are being fake and are just asking (this is evil - i know). I almost start laughing when I see it in their eyes how they really didn't want me tell them. Issues. I am repenting all the time.  

The only reason why I thought about Matthew 25 this morning is because the food stamp, debit system had glitches yesterday. People couldn't buy food. People that had purchased their food said they felt terrible and sad that these individuals had to walk out without food. My question is did anyone purchase the food for them? What if they had children with them? What if it was an elderly person? I wondered how many of them profess to love Christ. If Jesus had been standing there he would have said take the last of your money, and buy the person's food; trust me I will provide for you. Do we really trust him though is the question?

I am sure some were standing there looking at them judging them for it. I am not going to lie and say that haven't done the same. I know some shouldn't be on it. I grew up around the welfare system; my mother was a social worker. It makes you very angry to know that parents that are abusers and pedophiles receive benefits when they should be in jail, or they use the money on themselves. I digress though. 

We shouldn't be picking and choosing whom we help. If the Holy Spirit is convicting your heart to buy someones groceries; do it. You have denied his power when you don't. The truth is we would immediately realize we would have give up some of our money to do that, and we wouldn't want to do that. We are nation that has allowed the government to take control of our good deeds. Those that support and profess to love Christ need to read their bible, because he will you accountable and you alone.  

Jesus looked people in the eye, held their hand and held them. He suffered with them. He felt pain with them. He wept with them. He requires his children to do the same no matter how much we have to give up to do it. It is for his glory and because of his love that we do it. We are headed for rough, rough times in this nation and it is all a part of his plan. The truth of our greedy, selfish little hearts hurts. 
  
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? 1 John 3:17



Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2





No comments:

Post a Comment