Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

What a glorious morning! Merry Christmas!

I have been thinking so much about Mary and the gift that God gave her. A beautiful young, poor, uneducated woman that carried the messiah all because God favored her humble nature. What a beautiful gift God gives women when they carry a child. What a beautiful gift God gives women that can't have one to care for the orphans. Women that can't you are just as blessed as those that can. He gives you the ones that are not wanted by the world. Remember that in your journey.

I love the story of Mary. I love how God showed the world through a baby a glimpse of his unconditional love for us. I love that everyone that came in contact with Jesus were accepted, cherished, held and loved passionately. I love that this man would tell you truth, hug you, and say I can save you if just accept me.

So far my favorite Christmas gift this year is my MS attack. He gave me a desire of my heart that I needed, but I didn't know it. My husband and I needed to remember our reality. I look at my sweet boys and know they are my gifts that the world may have thought I shouldn't have had God said yes you can and I will give what you need to care for them. They are my miracles.

When we were planning to have our first son my husband and I didn't know if I could. I was sitting in my doctor's office by myself looking at my MRI scans, and staring at the scars on my brain that are unrepairable. My doctor said this may not be a good idea, this could be serious, and I don't think you should. I told her it will be fine, we will do this, and you will help me. I never told my husband how serious it could be until about a year ago because he would have said no. He wouldn't want to risk losing me. It never entered my mind or soul not to give this beautiful man a child. I never for a moment would not risk myself for him, and a baby. Actually, no one knew the full extent of what this disease could do to me after my son was born. Then he gave me another...HOW AWESOME IS THAT!

That fear of an MRI scan and that one appointment creeps up every once an awhile. God gives me the strength again with Him holding me by the hand, and says "I have you." God gives us the miracle of life. God gave us a baby that would save us. He gave us a son that would save our hearts. Cherish this Christmas this year with all of the trials, and sufferings that he is in control for the better and what we will gain.. He gives us life after we die of our old self.. He gives us children so we can become more like him just like he gave Mary. That is our eternal gift of heaven.

Every year as my sons grow I thank them for making me stronger. I thank God for giving me 2 young men that are stronger than myself so I remember that he gave me miracles when the world thought I couldn't. I thank him for letting me be their mother.

My husband looked at me this morning, and said let's go down and get some of your favorite pottery. I looked at him and said there is no need. He works everyday to give me the gift of medicine, and the care I need to take care of our sons. That is my gift everyday.

See with the gift of a disease and an attack on my body I get to see my gifts everyday that he has blessed me with. Be confident and strong in those gifts; no one can take that away from you unless you let them.
I have a sweet friend who is a part of my soul. She called this past week after the two weeks of meds. She waits until I'm close to the end to talk to me. She has been known to send emails telling people not to call, or push me about helping during this time. She knows that people have good intentions, but she also knows that I can't do the things I normally do or would like to do. She knows the ones that I will allow to see me so ill. That is love, and this is not harsh or offensive. Some would think that is just awful that she would do that - nope not all.

There in women my life that have seen my pain and my fear. They have held my hand, and hugged my sons as if they were their own. Those are friends that would give their life for others. They are my blessings in this life.

My parents have forgiven each other all because of the love they have for their daughter and a disease. That's what God does he brings his children together out of his love. He brought us together for the love of one baby that he knew would save our hearts.

Love to all of you and many blessings. I hope many, many miracles come into your life and those that you love.

Merry Christmas....The SON has been born.









No comments:

Post a Comment