Friday, June 29, 2012

Broken


"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. 5 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.7 “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." Matthew 6:1-8

John MacArthur has been doing a blog series on leadership. The series is about the leadership in the church, and the over reaching power of pastors, priests, elder boards and members in so many American churches. I believe the series should be read by many now that the Federal Government has such great power over the citizens of this nation. It is about the desire to have the power that God has.

As christians we really shouldn't ask what someone does for another, but at this point in our nation I think I will ask liberals what they do for others. I want to know how much money you really give to people. I want to know if you actually give money to homeless people, look them eye, or do you just turn a blind eye to them. I want to know if you really are willing to give half of your income away to someone without being told to, and then do it. I want to know what you do as an individual for another.

I want to see your tax returns. I want to see you put money in the plate every sunday, and see the actual amount written on the check. I want to see you actually tell someone to their face that they don't give enough money to people. I want you to go up to a person that has a chronic illness and tell them that their money has to be used now for others that won't work. I want you to tell them that you are envious and greedy for the type of insurance they have, so you are just going to take it from them. I want a check in the mail for my rising costs on the insurance we actually pay for, and my meds. I want to see how good you really are.

For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. James 3:16

In the course of many conversations about the healthcare ruling a comment was made "remember that God is control." I remember, and that is probably why I am terrified of what has happend. We are a godless nation pretending to love him. He knows we are liars, and we have turned from him. He knows our social causes aren't really about helping people it is just to make us look good in the eyes of others. People have not been taught the wrath and judgment of God, because it makes them uncomfortable. The ironic part is when you understand that part of God you finanlly see how decieved you really are.

"What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions." James 4:1-3

I looked at my boys yesterday, and cried. I know they will not have the country that so many men and women fought and died for. Their little giving hearts will always be told that they aren't good enough, or giving by men. My heart is broken for this country, and broken for the good people in American that were just trying to live in freedom. My heart is broken that people were told by corrupt men and women that they weren't doing enough for others. My heart is broken for individuals that really do give so much to others, and they just do it because they love without any regard to how that will financially burden them. Those are God's people. That is what Christ wanted people to be not this.

I have lost my fight for this country and others for right now. I can understand why individuals shut themselves off from the world. My desire to give is broken now, because people take it for granted. My willingness to help is not as strong anymore. I don't have the desire to do it any longer. I will pray for God to soften my heart again towards men and women. I will pray that people understand what they have done to so many good people because of greed and envy.

 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money." Matthew 6:24


No comments:

Post a Comment