Thursday, March 24, 2011

the MS150

every year from houston to austin a great bike ride takes place to fight MS. my husband and i decided to make it a priority to be at the end of the race when the bike riders start coming in each year. we haven't made it every year, but that weekend always holds a special place in my heart.

the first time someone rode with my name on their bandanna i cried. i still cry when someone i know has that bandanna on with my name and others riding to find a cure. there are 7 individuals that i know personally that ride in this race with my name and you are so loved by this family. we are grateful for your hearts; i'm grateful for your heart.

the idea of riding on a bike from houston to austin just sounds exhausting, and for someone to do it because they care so much for the individuals that have this disease is incredible. it reminds you that there are still good people out there that are willing to give to another.

when GOD gave me this i was angry. i still get annoyed with it and sad, but it is still by far one of the greatest blessings that HE has ever given me. it shapes you and encourages your heart to have compassion. it also challenges you to understand that no matter what your obstacles are with illness, or life you must move forward and have hope.

my last attack was in december of 2010. pure stress brought that on, so that meant that i needed to re-prioritise what i could and move forward. this disease is about life lessons and what you choose to do with it. GOD made this disease so you would understand how life is meant to be lived, and for all the individuals that i know that have it they get it. they all have strong faith in GOD and they all have beautiful hearts.

i wouldn't say that i have always been compassionate to others since i was diagnosed. i actually have to fight the fact that if you are healthy and can move forward then do it; i can be really harsh. it makes me angry to see others that can achieve so much and don't. i can be judgemental with others and their choices, because i see so many individuals with this disease push forward no matter what.

i haven't always handle it with grace or not feel great sadness about the hand i've been dealt with having MS, but i have to remind myself that there is a purpose for everything that comes our way. GOD gave me my husband, my MS, my faith in HIM, and then my boys so i can't even begin to show enough gratitude to the LORD ALMIGHTY for what HE has given me. all obstacles in life make us stronger if we choose to do that. this disease makes me stronger and i love GOD for that.

this year it will be even more special to my heart, because my boys will be there cheering on the riders with us. what a great life; what more could i ask for. so for those that ride your not just giving time, raising money, or fighting to find a cure your giving your hearts to those that need HOPE and FAITH.

"For God, who said, " Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 2 corinthians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment